BizTalk 2013 R2 - Increasing the transmission timeouts on a WCF-BasicHTTP Send Adapter
The problem here is that the WCF-BasicHTTP adapter has limited options when setting timeouts for transmissions.
On a two-way transmission the basic adapter only lets you set the Send portion of the transmission and not the Receive. If you want to specifically set the receive timeouts on the adapter and not use the defaults then you are best using the WCF-Custom adapter. Please note the blanks in all images are there to exclude existing domain names etc.
In order to set the available timeouts (for this example the Send Timeout) on the adapter follow these steps :-
1. Go to the left hand pane in the BizTalk Admin Console, then click Send ports
2. When the Send Port list appears in the right hand pane, double click the Send port that you wish to change the timeout on.
3. Click the Configure button next to the Type dropdown.
4. Next click the Binding tab
5. Alter the time specified in the Send timeout box. Please note that you are also able to set the maximum received message size and the Send and Close timeouts on this page.